Already booked your tickets, or thinking about coming to one of our outdoor performances of La bohème? We're doing everything we can to keep audiences, performers and staff members safe, and we want you to feel assured that we are taking every measure possible to make sure this is the case.
You can find out more information about these performances below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Opera will operate all performances in line with the latest guidance from the Scottish Government.
Scottish Opera will:
- Restrict audience numbers to maintain physical distancing at all times. The maximum audience capacity for La bohème is 104 people per performance.
- Allocate your seats on arrival while maintaining a safe physical distance
- Sanitise all seats between performances. Please note that wooden seating is in use to allow this to happen: you're welcome to bring your own cushion for additional comfort if you would like to.
- Require that staff and stewards wear face masks
- Ask all Scottish Opera staff, stewards and performers to take their temperature before the performance. They will not attend if symptomatic of COVID-19.
- Require that audience members wear masks or facial coverings during the performance, unless you are unable to for any reason
- Require that audiences use hand sanitiser. We will provide hand sanitising stations at various points around the performance area.
- Ensure that performers remain at least 3m away from audience members at all times during the performance
- Ensure that audience members who cannot wear face masks for medical reasons are seated at least 6m away from performers
- Ensure that all cast and crew follow the latest guidelines on physical distancing as set out by the Scottish Government
Please make sure all people in your booking read and understand the following instructions.
As a requirement of booking, we ask that you:
- Book tickets in advance and present them on entrance as an e-ticket, either on a smartphone, tablet or printed
- Help us to be compliant with the Scottish Government's Test and Protect programme. As a requirement of booking, you consent for your contact information to be passed on to NHS Scotland should it be required for Test and Protect purposes.
- Please wear masks or facial coverings. If you are unable to wear a face mask, please let us know by emailing email@example.com so that we can seat you accordingly.
- Observe all signage and instructions from event staff, and maintain a 2m physical distance from other groups. This is for your own personal safety and the safety of others.
- Avoid touching seats that are not your own
Do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have experienced symptoms in the last ten days; are self-isolating because of COVID-19 symptoms; or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the last 14 days
Tickets will be sold in ‘pods’, in groups of 1, 2, 3 or 4. You’ll need to choose your ticket, or pod, based on the size of group you will be attending with. Please ensure all people within your pod are members of your household or bubble in line with current Scottish Government guidelines. Tickets within the same pod must be purchased at the same time and in a single transaction. This is so that we can maintain physical distancing of at least 2m between groups.
For larger groups, you will need to select multiple pods at the checkout. We regret that we will not be able to rearrange seats to form larger group pods, but we will seat you in adjacent pods wherever possible.
Stewards will show you to your seat on arrival. Please arrive with all members of your pod where possible. We will do our best to accommodate specific needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if you have any accessibility requirements. Free essential companion tickets are available for those who need them - click here for more information before booking.
No - only e-tickets will be available for this performance. Your e-ticket will be attached to your Booking Confirmation email. You can either print this, or show it on your mobile device when you arrive. We will use a scanning app to record attendance, so please make sure you have the QR code (found on the e-ticket) ready when you arrive.
If you have any issue with your booking, please email email@example.com.
In order to keep the entrance as clear as possible and remove the need for cash handling, we will not be selling tickets on the night. However, tickets will be available to buy online until 15 minutes before each performance starts, subject to availability.
We will be using microphones to enhance the sound. Usually, opera is not amplified when in an indoor or purpose-built venue, but gentle amplification is needed outdoors.
No, there will not be an interval. The approximate running time of the show is 1h 35mins.
Surtitles will not be displayed. The performance is sung in English.
A digital programme for La bohème is available to view for free here. We are taking every measure possible to ensure audience safety, so printed programmes will not be available on the night.
There is limited car parking in the vicinity of Edington St due to emergency vehicle access requirements. Please make other arrangements wherever possible.
There will be a drop off area available at the venue but please note that there are currently road works on the A81 (Garscube Road), so access to Edington Street is from the south end entrance at Corn Street only and is more restricted than usual.
If you wish to make use of drop off facilities, Scottish Opera car parking stewards will be on duty from 4pm. Please wait to be directed to the correct area.
If you are a Blue Badge holder and require parking close to the venue, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your vehicle registration number so that we can reserve a space for you.
The nearest car parks are the Burnside Street Car Park (approx. 7 minute walk), Dundasvale Car Park (approx. 10 minute walk), Cambridge Street Car Park (approx. 12 minute walk) and Concert Square Car Park (approx. 15 minute walk). Please check parking restrictions and charges before traveling.
Yes, toilets will be available, including an accessible toilet. These will be kept to a very high standard of cleanliness. Please follow signage through the performance area to guide you safely to them.
No, refreshments will not be available to buy. As face masks are compulsory throughout the performance, we ask that you do not bring food and drink unless necessary.
No, we will not be able to provide cloakroom facilities for these performances. Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
Doors will open at 4.15pm. You are welcome to arrive any time from then, but please allow plenty of time to be seated and get settled. Please note that the performance starts at 5pm. See below for our latecomers policy.
When you arrive at Edington Street, please follow the signs to the performance space. Doors will open 45 minutes before the scheduled performance start time. Safe queuing points will be indicated by signage, road markings and Scottish Opera stewards. You’ll need to show your e-ticket when you arrive at the entrance. This will be attached to your Booking Confirmation email. You can either print your ticket or show it on your phone. Our stewards will scan your ticket and direct you to your seating area.
If the performance has already started, our stewards will seat you near the entrance. This will ensure a safe distance is kept from other audience members, and to avoid disturbing both them and the performers. If you arrive late to the performance and other members of your pod are already seated, we regret that we may not be able to seat you together.
A large canopy will cover the audience seating area, so if at all possible the show will continue as planned. Our performers will mainly be undercover. If bad weather means the performance is not possible, we will let you know as soon as we can and issue you with a full refund. Please note that there will be no heating, so please dress appropriately.
Assistance dogs are welcome, but we regret that we are unable to allow other dogs into the performance area.
If you are unable to attend your chosen performance, please email email@example.com as soon as possible to arrange a no-questions-asked refund.