Already booked your tickets, or thinking about coming to one of our outdoor performances? We're doing everything we can to keep audiences, performers and staff members safe, and we want you to feel assured that we are taking every measure possible to make sure this is the case.
You can find out more information about these performances below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
This section applies to all performances at Live at No.40 Events
What safety measures will you have in place?
All performances operate in line with the latest guidance from the Scottish Government.
Health and Safety precautions:
- Restrict audience numbers to maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Audience members will be shown to their seats on arrival.
- Ask all audience members to use the check-in Scotland app once seated.
- Refreshments will be delivered to seats.
- All seats will be sanitised between performances. Seats are plastic to allow this to happen. Audience members are welcome to bring their own cushion.
- Staff and stewards to wear PPE to keep them safe
- Staff, stewards and performers are testing regularly for Covid-19.
- Hand sanitiser is provided.
- Performers remain at least 3m away from audience members at all times during the performance
- Refreshments will be pre-ordered or delivered to seats
Booking terms and conditions
Please make sure all people included in your booking read and understand the following instructions.
As a requirement of booking, we ask that:
- Members of your booking are in the same household or extended household group.
- Book tickets in advance and present them at the entrance as an e-ticket on your phone or tablet. Please help us reduce our environmental impact and only print your e-ticket if necessary.
- Help us to be compliant with the Scottish Government's Test and Protect programme. As a requirement of booking, you consent for your contact information to be passed on to NHS Scotland should it be required for Test and Protect purposes.
- Observe all signage and instructions from event staff, and maintain a 2m physical distance from other groups. This is for your own personal safety and the safety of others.
- Avoid touching seats that are not your own
Tickets will be bookable in household groups of 1 to 4. Please ensure all people within your group are members of your household or extended household in line with current Scottish Government guidelines.
Stewards will show you to your seat on arrival. We will do our best to accommodate specific needs where possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if you have any accessibility requirements. Please ensure all members of your group arrive together.
Free essential companion tickets are available for those who need them.
No, only e-tickets will be available. Your e-ticket will be attached to your Booking Confirmation email. You can show it on your phone or tablet when you arrive at the venue, or print it if necessary. We will use scanners to record attendance, so please make sure you have the QR code (found on the e-ticket) ready when you arrive. If you have any issue with your booking, please email email@example.com
In order to keep the entrance as clear as possible, you will not be able to purchase tickets from our event staff on the day. However, tickets will be available to book online up until the scheduled start time of the performance, subject to availability. We advise booking as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Microphones will be used to enhance the sound. Usually, opera and orchestral music is not amplified when in an indoor or purpose-built venue, but gentle amplification is needed outdoors.
There will only be an interval in performances of Verdi’s Falstaff. It will be possible to pre-order [only] drinks from Willow Grove. Toilets are also provided.
Surtitles will be provided to a limited number of seats for certain performances. Please check the details for each performance.
There is a drop off area by the entrance, which is around the corner from Edington St on Corn St. If you wish to make use of drop off facilities, Scottish Opera car parking stewards will be on duty. Please wait to be directed to the correct area.
If you are a Blue Badge holder and require parking close to the venue, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your vehicle registration number so that we can reserve a space for you.
Some on street parking is available. Parking charges for Mon – Fri, 8am – 6pm (no charge at weekends)
20p per 15 mins up to 1 hour
40p per 15 mins thereafter
Maximum stay 3 hours
Yes, toilets will be available, including an accessible toilet. These will be kept to a very high standard of cleanliness. Please follow signage through the venue to guide you safely to them.
No, we will not be able to provide cloakroom facilities for these performances. Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
If you are unable to attend your chosen performance, please email email@example.com by 4pm the day before the performance to guarantee your refund
Safe queuing points will be indicated by signage and front of house stewards. You’ll need to show your e-ticket when you arrive at the entrance. This will be attached to your Booking Confirmation email. You can show your e-ticket on your phone or tablet, or print if necessary. Our stewards will scan your ticket and direct you to your seats.
If the performance has already started, our stewards will seat you near the entrance. This will ensure a safe distance is kept from other audience members, and avoid disturbing both them and the performers. If you arrive late to the performance and other members of your group are already seated, we regret that we may not be able to seat you together.
A large canopy will cover the audience seating area, so if at all possible the show will continue as planned. Our performers will also be undercover. If bad weather (strong wind) means the performance is not possible, we will let you know as soon as we can and issue you with a full refund. Please note that there will be no heating, so please dress appropriately for the Scottish weather! You are welcome to bring your own blankets and cushions.
Assistance dogs are welcome, but we regret that we are unable to allow other dogs into the venue.
Scottish Opera reserves the right to stop a performance and the right to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of this happening, a public announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity. We ask that audience members check their emails before they leave for the performance.
Yes, refreshments including tea, coffee, soft drinks and a limited number of alcoholic drinks will be available to buy prior to the performance starting. More details on how to order will be provided once you have made your booking.
The shows are suitable for those aged 8+.