All performances operate in line with the latest guidance from the Scottish Government. We will be operating with a reduced audience capacity in selected areas of the theatre at Glasgow and Edinburgh performances. Performances in Inverness and Hackney are operating at full capacity.
Health and Safety precautions at all venues:
- Staff, stewards and audience members to wear face coverings
- Staff, stewards and performers are testing regularly for Covid-19
- Hand sanitiser will be provided
Each venue has their own Health & Safety guidelines in place for visitors. You can find these here:
Please make sure all people included in your booking read and understand the following instructions.
As a requirement of booking, we ask that:
- Help us to be compliant with the Scottish Government's Test and Protect programme. As a requirement of booking, you consent for your contact information to be passed on to NHS Scotland should it be required for Test and Protect purposes.
- Observe all signage and instructions from event staff. This is for your own personal safety and the safety of others.
- Avoid touching seats that are not your own
We are encouraging customers to use e-tickets as an alternative to paper tickets at all venues. You will find your e-ticket along with your booking confirmation email. Please have the barcode ready to scan when you arrive at the venue for contactless entry. For more information, visit the venue websites:
Yes. Please wear a mask for the duration of your visit, including during the performance, unless you have a medical exemption.
Yes. There will be a 20 minute interval. The running time for the performance is approx. 160 mins.
Scottish Opera reserves the right to stop a performance and the right to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of this happening, a public announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity. We ask that audience members check their emails before they leave for the performance. Please check individual venue websites for refund policies and procedures.