Resources for rehearsing and preparing for the performance
- Script - download PDF, 1.8MB
This includes the words of the songs, for your class to learn the words to the show.
- 7 audio files - click to scroll down to the playlist
For your class to listen to and learn the songs.
- 1 video - click to scroll down to the video
Simple ideas and actions for the pupils to copy when singing the songs.
- Activity pack - download PDF, 5.6MB
Supplementary activities which can be used to enhance your pupils’ learning experience, including making individual masks to be used in the performance.
Resources to be used as part of the performance
- 7 short animated films - click to scroll down to playlist
These should be projected onto the largest screen you have available, acting as a backdrop to the ‘live’ action performed by the pupils.
The films are listed in sequence; so you simply press each number on your lap top at the point in the script – called a ‘cue’ – and the film will play at the right point in performance.
They also include an adult male voice over, linking the story together – the voice of the Narrator.
1. The Prologue Download 1. The Prologue
2. The Mountain People Download 2. The Mountain People
3. The Valley People Download 3. The Valley People
4. The Water People Download 4. The Water People
5. The Battle Download 5. The Battle
6. Enough is Enough Download 6. Enough is Enough
7. The Finale Download 7. The Finale
Click on the circle at the top of the playlist to read a brief description of each track.
Ideas for Staging
Illustrator & Visual Arts Resource Designer
Stop Motion Graphics Editor
Children from Jordanhill Primary
Feargal Pettigrew, Katie McGawn, Jessica-MayPayne, Molly McLaughlin, Mhairi McCulloch and Sophie Fleming
With thanks to
Richard Buchan and all at Jordanhill Primary School
Wendy Green, Calum Gibb, Hanshu Dong, and all at Confucius Institute for Scotland’s Schools
Kevin Burleigh at Gorbals Sounds