Even with the fullest houses, box-office takings only cover a small percentage of what it costs to stage high-quality opera.
Scottish Opera is core funded by the Scottish Government, some local authorities, box office income, and bridges the funding gap by seeking support from a variety of private sources.
There are lots of ways to show your support personally:
- Support our Carmen Play a Supporting Role Appeal
- Join The Friends of Scottish Opera
- Become a Patron of the Alexander Gibson Circle and support new productions
- Become an Education Angel and support the breadth of our education and outreach activities
- Make a donation online to Scottish Opera
- Become an Emerging Artists Benefactor
- Join The Scottish Opera Syndicate
- Choose Scottish Opera when you shop online at easyfundraising.co.uk
- Have a lasting impact by leaving Scottish Opera a gift in your Will.
Involve your business with Scottish Opera:
- Become a sponsor or corporate member
- Promote your brand
- Entertain your clients
- Enhance your Corporate Social Responsibility programme through education and outreach
As owners of the Theatre Royal Glasgow, we’ve led the campaign to transform the theatre. Now the new foyers are open, there's still time to join our ambitious project and support the campaign.